- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ lb Unsalted Butter (room temperature / softened)
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 ¼ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add butter and sugar to a stand mixer. Cream together.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, continuing to cream together until sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off stand mixer.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda into the mixing bowl.
- Turn on stand mixer and slowly add dry mixture; stop once mixture is just-combined.
- Add chocolate chips; stop once just-combined.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, add equal portions onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edge is golden brown.
- Remove and let cool.
Do not overmix the dough. When adding in the flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips only mix until just-combined. Overworking the dough will result in it becoming tense which will not allow it to spread properly in the oven when baking.
Going to convert this into weights when I have time to weigh out everything. Because the imperial measurement system is stupid.